4th Jaguar Combat Cluster (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|4th Combat Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
The Fourth Combat Cluster was a second line military formation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
- Hanover - The Cluster bid for an won the right to attack the planet in June 3050. They dropped in to the Heinx Mountains and engaged the 1st Hanover Strike Infantry Regiment. It's two infantry battalions were augmented by other militia forces. The defenders lured the 4th Combat Cluster into a trap, using a grounded Union DropShip as a fort they inflicted heavy casualties on the Elementals before counter attacking with Jump Infantry which forced the Clan warriors to retreat.
The Cluster appears to be formed entirely of Elementals and possibly acted as a support infantry unit for other formations.
- The failed attack on Hanover by the 4th Combat Cluster required the 5th Jaguar Regulars Cluster to finish the conquest in July.
- The Cluster does not appear on the Clan roster after June 3050, and it is possible it was disbanded to provide replacement troops to other Clusters.
- Clan Troops, p. 26
- Invading Clans, p. 66