4th Lyran Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|4th Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 4th Lyran Guards were one of ten regiments within the 1st Lyran Guards Division, one of four Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence. Like the other regiments of the Lyran Guards, the 4th's loyalty was technically to the Commonwealth first and the Archon second, but all of the regiments of the 1st Division had been used at one time or another to keep powerful nobles in line.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 4th lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 4th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 4thh and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the 4th and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
Although the 4th was based on The Edge in 2765, the regiment had been actively involved in battling smugglers operating in the Radostov system during Operation CATALOG, the wide-scale anti-cartel operation that was particularly active along the Commonwealth borders with the Free Worlds League and Rim Worlds Republic.
4th Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the 4th was stationed on The Edge.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 12, "Lyran Guards"