4th Striker (Clan Wolf)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|4th Striker Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The cluster was reformed around 3010 by a former Clan Goliath Scorpion officer named Vlad Dinour. His experience with combined arms operations was put to use by the Wolves. He was allowed to mould the Fourth Striker Cluster along Goliath Scorpion lines. With the success of this command it formed the basic pattern for the freebirth clusters of Epsilon Galaxy.
Known as the Red Death the Cluster was assigned to Delta Galaxy. The first engagement for the Fourth came in March 3050 during the first wave when the Trinary Third Mixed Services attacked Outpost. The Outpost People's Militia fielded two infantry regiments and one of armor, but after losing an entire tank battalion in the Battle of Haparanda they surrendered. In July 3050 the Command Trinary along with the Fourth and Fifth Mixed Services dropped on to Dawn.The defending First, Fourth and Sixth Dawn Planetary Guard Regiments were defeated within five days.
In October 3050 Trinaries First, Fourth and Fifth Mixed Services assaulted the Moritz system. The defending Moritz Defense Brigade dug into the valleys and mountains around New Cotton, but lacking air support were soon dislodged and the planet forced to capitulate. While the fighting on Moritz was taking place the Trinaries Second and Third Mixed Services attacked Skokie. The First and Second Skokie Tank Militia Regiments fled at first sight of the Wolves. Unfortunately for the invading Wolves their warriors were struck down by a local virus known as the Skokie Shivers. Without the local population's tolerance to the disease almost two-thirds of the Wolf forces were struck down and the planet quarantined.
Thannhausen was the target of the Fourth in November 3051. The First and Second Thannhausen Brigades dug in around the planet's industrial complexes denying the Wolves their prize until the Fourth managed to slip in strikes against command and control points undercover of a thunder storm, forcing the Brigades to surrender. In December the Fourth formed up with the rest of Delta Galaxy for the assault on Shaula. Here they went up against the First Lyran Guards reinforced by militia. The general manoeuvrability of the Wolves plus their air support forced the defender to retreat off planet.  In February 3052 the Fourth easily overcame the First and Third Galuzzo Mechanized Brigades to capture the planet.
The Refusal War
With the Truce of Tukayyid the Cluster was posted to Nox at the forefront of Wolf territory. With the start of hostilities between the Wolves and Clan Jade Falcon the Fourth form part of the Battle Group under Ulric Kerensky. In September 3057 they attacked Zoetermeer along with Tau Galaxy. During the fighting here the Fourth took almost forty percent casualties and required weeks of work to get their 'Mechs back to fighting order. The Fourth followed Ulric to Leskovik, Evciler and Wotan. In the aftermath of the Refusal War the Fourth found itself temporarily part of Clan Jade Wolf during which time it was assigned to form the nucleus of the rebuilding Alpha Galaxy. Also at this time its Trinaries were reorganised along more traditional lines. The Red Death were afterwards known as The Reivers. As the Wolf Clan emerged from the Refusal War the Fourth took up positions guarding their Clan's holdings on Strana Mechty in 3059.
War of Reaving and Jihad
With the Abjuration of Clan Wolf in 3071 the Fourth withdrew from the Homeworlds, however it wasn't until 3074 that the unit was first recorded in the Inner Sphere on the planet of Dell. By 3079 the Fourth were recorded as being just over half strength. After the Jihad they took up a posting on Tamar and were still in the process of rebuilding in 3085.
Star Colonel Vlad Dinour was appointed commander around 3010. His descendant Charles Dinour was given command two months before the start of Operation Revival and commanded the Striker throughout the invasion. He was succeeded in 3058 by Star Colonel Jiln Ch'in, who continued to command through to at least 3067. Star Colonel Duke Truscott had take over command by 3085.
The cluster was known to be adept at defensive engagements prior to the Refusal War.
Fourth Striker Cluster - Elite
- Trinary Command
- Trinary Second Mixed Services
- Star Captain Daniel Fetladral - (1 OmniMech Star, 1 Elemental Star, 1 OmniFighter Star)
- Trinary Third Mixed Services
- Star Captain Burke Carson - (1 OmniMech Star, 1 Elemental Star, 1 OmniFighter Star)
- Trinary Fourth Mixed Services
- Star Captain Nick Ward - (1 OmniMech Star, 1 Elemental Star, 1 OmniFighter Star)
- Trinary Fifth Mixed Services
- Star Captain Colin Kerensky - (1 OmniMech Star, 1 Elemental Star, 1 OmniFighter Star)
- Command Star
- Trinary Alpha - (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Bravo - (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Charlie - (3 Elemental Stars)
- Trinary Delta - (3 OmniFighter Stars)
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 104
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 58
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 61
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 63
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 65
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 67
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 69
- Objective Raids, p. 32
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 22
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 142, "4th Striker Cluster Profile"
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 45
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 157
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 67
- Field Report: Clans, p. 21
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 72, "Wolf Clan Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 74, "Clan Wolf Deployment Table"
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 180