50th Shadow Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|50th Shadow Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Nickname||Eligos' Hell Knights|
|Parent Formation||Shadow Divisions|
The Fiftieth Shadow Division first appeared a few years after the Jihad began. The unit was rumored to have been formed to fight the Clans. The unit's soldiers are cybernetically enhanced soldiers of the Word of Blake known as Manei Domini.
The 50th conducted lightning raids against the worlds of Son Hoa and Khon Kaen, focusing on capturing equipment and causing chaos in their strikes. The unit mysteriously avoided damaging the local factories.
The division was sent to reinforce the captured Lyran world of Donegal, taking over for the 2nd Division when information leaked that Allied forces would attempt to retake it. The Hell Knights focused their attacks against both Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion's ComStar and the Clan forces (consisting of ComStar's 116th Division and 1st Wolf Legion), inflicting heavy damage. However, after the 18th Division suffered increasing losses from Lyran units, the Fiftieth were forced onto the defensive and pushed back, eventually withdrawing from the world.
Raiding to Resupply
Two weeks after losing control of Donegal, the Fiftieth arrived on the semi-secured world of Coventry. From here, the unit conducted further raids to resupply their material needs. The units raided Lyran worlds of Guatavita and Krievci.
The Division conducted a series of raids against a number of Lyran worlds, inflicting heavy losses on the Lyran forces on Atocongo and staging a devastating assault against the 1st Kell Hounds Regiment on New Exford. After first smashing through the Hound's ad-hoc aerospace defenses, the Fiftieth completely destroyed the Hound's 2nd Battalion as it attempted to out flank the Blakist unit. The Fiftieth sent its "head hunter" units behind the Hound's lines and killed the regiment's acting commanding officer, Christian Kell, with the demoralized mercenaries suffering 70% casualties after the loss of their commander. 
The unit again staged a series of raids against the Lyran worlds of Son Hoa, Stantsiya, and Kamenz, before briefly occupying the world of Bolan in July. The 50th controlled the Quetta City State on Bolan until mid-September, when the Division left Bolan suddenly, taking thousands of prisoners away with them. The Fiftieth was dispatched to Gallery where it was used to counter increased terrorist activities on that world.
When Precentor Manei Domini Apollyon delivered a message to Prince Titus Cameron-Jones on Regulus on the 30th of March 3076 advising the Prince against any form of "military adventurism", the 50th were with Apollyon.
Assault & Raiding.
The 50th Shadow Division is considered Elite unit, with equipment heavy upgraded assets.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 107, "Unit Profile"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 24, "Operation: Steel Hammer"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 85, "Corporate Ties" - Allied units named.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 37, "Kell Hounds Attacked on New Exford".
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 38, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 52, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 125, "Shadow Divisions Status"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 143, "Rule Annex" - Unit listing