55th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|55th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2770)|
|Parent Formation||XXVII Corps|
The Fifty-fifth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
They participated in Operation KOBALD, a series of wargames that involved every unit of the Eleventh Army fighting each other, and were soundly defeated by the 92nd Jump Infantry Division. As a result the entire command staff of the Fifty-fifth was removed and replaced by new officers. These officers were spending their time improving their soldier's morale, and were then planning on improving their skills.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXVII Corps, Eleventh Army, to District 1 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region and then transferred to District 3 by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The Fifty-fifth was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 141
- The Star League, p. 144, "Eleventh"
- The Star League, p. 133