57th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|57th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2770)|
|Parent Formation||XI Corps|
The Fifty-seventh Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The Fifty-seventh was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The division was comprised of two brigades of mechanized infantry and a single BattleMech brigade. Also attached, was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133