59th Jump Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|59th Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The King's own Jump Troops|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The Fifty-ninth Jump Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Bearing the nickname "The King's Own Jump Troops", most of the 59th's units were drawn from the old British army. By convention, any member of the duke of England's family that enlisted in the SLDF was assigned to the 59th Jump.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXVI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The 59th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
As an SLDF Jump Infantry division the 59th would have been formed from two brigades of Jump Troops, one brigade of 'Mech regiments and two Ground Aero Wings. Among the regiments assigned to the 59th in 2764 were the Royal Regiment of British Infantry Guards, the Queen's Jump Fusiliers, the 16th Jump Infantry Regiment (Welsh and English), the Green Jacket Rifles, and the Royal British Dragoon Guards.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 192-3
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133