59th Royal Light Horse Regiment
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|59th Royal Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||LI Corps|
The Fifty-Ninth Royal Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. As a Royal unit, its personnel were recruited exclusively from worlds within the Terran Hegemony.
In 2764 the unit was an independent regiment within the LI Corps, Eleventh Army, and was assigned along with LI Corps to District 1 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. Following the Periphery Uprising in 2765 the 59th was transferred to District 2 of the LCMR to backfill for units deployed into the Periphery.. The 59th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment the 59th would have been composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering in addition to any regular 'Mechs within the regiment.
- The Star League, p. 144, "Eleventh"
- The Star League, p. 133