5th Andurien Rangers
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Fifth Andurien Rangers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Rangers|
Raised in 3084 on Sadurni the Fifth Andurien Rangers feature a large number of soldiers who come from a rough and tumble background. Most of these recruits have difficulty with traditional military discipline, so their commander allows them a wider latitude to exercise their own initiative. This would normally be a bad thing for a new unit, but the Bulls haven't run into problems with it yet.
By 3145 the Bulls were skilled in using heavy 'Mechs, armor, and artillery strikes to wage war. They eschew subtlety in favor of inflicting as much damage as possible on an enemy, even at the risk of damaging civilian infrastructure or noncombatants. The Fifth disliked the Capellan Confederation. They were stationed on Furud in 3145.
The Bulls don't use subtle attacks, preferring to demoralize enemy forces by using the heaviest 'Mechs and tanks they can find.
- CO: Colonel Luigi "El Duce" Vincero
Fifth Andurien Rangers (1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Forrest Moran
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "Andurien Defense Force"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 112
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"