5th Avalon Hussars
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Fifth Avalon Hussars LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Shooting Stars|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
Age of War
The Fifth Avalon Hussars was one of the fourteen active regiments on the rolls of the Avalon Hussars brigade when the end of the Age of War was marked by the creation of the Star League and the formation of the Star League Defense Force. In common with the other regiments of the Hussars, the Fifth traced its roots back to the Terran Marines of the Terran Alliance, and those ties were strong enough that the Fifth was one of six regiments to join the SLDF when it formed. The brigade was proud enough of this that it listed the six regiments - the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth, Fifteenth and Eighteenth Hussars - as simply being on detached duty, and it would be more than half a millenium before new units would be created with the designation of any of these regiments.
The Fifth Avalon Hussars LCT was equipped with large numbers of fast tanks and 'Mechs in 3145. Their 'Mechs were all jump-capable and most could top one hundred km/h over land. They used this speed to great effect when they faced the Third Capellan Chargers on Cammal in 3145. The Fifth was able to match the Charger's speed, and as a result spoiled every one of their strikes.
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Avalon Hussars|
|Leftenant General||Christian Dietrich||3145|
Fifth Avalon Hussars LCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Christian Dietrich
Fifth Avalon Hussars Aerospace Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Commodore Jeffrey Rodriguez
Fifth Avalon Hussars Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Jason Mason
Fifth Avalon Hussars Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Ann Miller
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 74
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 89, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns"