5th Bear Regulars (Clan Ghost Bear)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Fifth Bear Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Xi Galaxy|
First Draconis Combine/Ghost Bear War
During the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War Xi Galaxy launched a single offensive campaign, deploying the Fifth Bear Regulars to capture the Draconis Combine world of Richmond. The Fifth successfully assaulted the planet, defeating the Second An Ting Legion only to have a counter-offensive by the Second Sword of Light capture the Fifth's own homeworld, Constance. This forced Xi Galaxy to recapture Constance, only to lose Richmond while doing so.
Fifth Bear Regulars
Fifth Bear Regulars (Veteran/Reliable)
- - Based on Constance at this point in time, the Fifth were at seventy percent of full strength and three-quarters of the Cluster were using Clan technology, with the remainderusing Star League era technology. Forty-five percent of the Cluster were using OmniMechs.
- The Fifth Bear Regulars specifically do not gain the bonus applicable to other Clan Ghost Bear units when rolling for Star weight on the Random Weight Class Tables.
- Units from the Fifth Bear Regulars suffer a -2 Penalty to all Initiative Rolls.
- In any scenario where the Random Mapsheet Tables are being used the Fifth Bear Regulars player may choose all of the mapsheets used for a scenario, rather than rolling, and the opponent generates none of the maps. If the Fifth Bear Regulars player does elect to choose the maps used in such a scenario, the opposing player may veto one of the maps, and the vetoed map must be replaced by a randomly generated mapsheet.
- If the Fifth Bear Regulars player chooses the mapsheets for a scenario, that player may arrange the maps in any legal placement.
- The Fifth Bear Regulars player receives a +2 bonus to the die roll made when rolling to determine which player gets to choose their home map edge first.
- Of War and Peace and Cherry Trees
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Xi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 113, "Alternative Paths"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Xi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 181, "Omicron Galaxy"