5th Division (SLDF)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||II Corps|
The Fifth Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was originally formed during the creation of the SLDF in 2571, and was a part of II Corps during the Reunification War, where it served in the Outworlds Alliance campaign from 2581 to 2583 before being transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
As a part of the Outworlds Alliance task force, the 5th was stationed on Latexo when military action against the Alliance began, deploying at Brigade level across several worlds in 2581; the 13th Brigade fought on Niles and Medron, whilst the 14th Brigade conquered Bryceland and the 15th Brigade conquered Groveld III. In 2582, the 14th and 15th Brigades were deployed to Tancredi IV before all of the 5th Division was deployed to Sevon. The 5th would continue to operate and deploy as a division throughout the remainder of the Reunification War, fighting on Cerberus throughout 2583 and 2584 before being redeployed by the SLDF to the Taurian front.
The 5th joined the rest of II Corps in action on Hanseta in 2586, MacLeod's Land in 2587 and New Vandenberg in 2588. The 5th saw combat again in 2590 on Desolate Plains before returning to New Vandenberg in 2591, where the 5th would remain until being deployed into the Hyades Cluster in 2593.
|Officers of the 5th Division|
|Brigades of the 5th Division - 2581|
Despite the doctrine and organization originally defined for divisions during the creation of the SLDF, the 4th would most likely have been a mélange of combined armed units.
It was confirmed by the author of Historical: Reunification War that in general, the Divisions listed within the Star League sourcebook be traced back directly to those Divisions listed within Historial: Reunification War. However, there are two divisions designated as the 5th within The Star League: the 5th BattleMech Division and the 5th Mechanized Infantry Division, and it has not been confirmed in canon yet which division can be traced back to the 5th.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 142-3, "Taurian Concordat Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 116, "Medron"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 112, "Bryceland"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 112, "Groveld III"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 27, "Divisions and Brigades"
- Ask The Writers: Star League Divisions: Reunification War to Liberation of Terra