5th Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|5th Free Worlds Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds Legionnaires|
The Fifth Free Worlds Legionnaires was the first Legionnaires unit formed from new recruits. For many years this led to the other Legionnaires regiments considering the Fifth their "poor relation". Their shining moment was their defense of Lopez from a raid by House Kamata in 3049.. The unit briefly moved to Ryerson in 3050 , however, by 3052 they had returned to Lopez and remaining in place through to 3067.
As of 3050, the commanding officer was General Salvatore Michaelades "Misha" Orloff , youngest brother of the Earl of Orloff, Alfonso Orloff. As of 3059, Orloff was still in command. General Orloff was still the commander in 3067.
Specialized in combined-arms tactics, particularly those where the infantry and armor were used in a static defense.
5th Free Worlds Legionnaires (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: General Misha Orloff
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Mazhar Choudrey
- XO: Force Commander Yelena Lubkaszczyk
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Pearce Rick
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Jason Lyaght
- Wing Commander: Commodore Norman Tams
- Armor Commander: Fore Commander Philip Lovett
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Elaine Hudson
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Antonio DeLucca
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p.35
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 40, "5th Free Worlds Legionnaires Unit Profile"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 12