5th Raven Wing (Clan Snow Raven)
|Fifth Raven Wing|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Frost Wing|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The Fifth Raven Wing Cluster is a Clan Snow Raven military command.
The Fifth Raven Wing left their garrison of Rezak's Hole to assault Antallos in November 3067. The Periphery world hosted Vance Rezak and his Band of the Damned. The Ravens eliminated the pirates and the remnants of Vinson's Vigilantes.
The Dark Age
In the mid-3140s the Fifth and the other Clusters within Alpha Galaxy replaced Beta Galaxy in the systems obtained from the Draconis Combine following the Palmyra Debacle. Viewed as being given Beta Galaxy's leavings, the assignment went poorly for the Fifth, particularly following earlier embarrassing defeats. Accustomed to displaying a highbrow attitude towards the population of the Raven Alliance, the Fifth's attempts to take the same approach with the population of Bad News resulted in a combination of violent protests and industrial strikes. The inhabitants of Bad News were convinced that it was only a matter of time before the Combine reasserted control over the planet, and had no wish to be identified as collaborating with an enemy of the Dragon. Similar problems were rife on Sinope and Zalaf, and massacres were reported on all three worlds, with all of Alpha Galaxy ill-equipped to deal with civilian protests.
The Fifth are experts in atmospheric dogfighting.
Fifth Raven Wing Cluster
Fifth Raven Wing Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Maury Lankanau
- - At this point the Fifth was located on Rezak's Hole alongside the Fourth Raven Wing Cluster and was operating at almost full strength. Almost all of the Cluster was equipped with OmniFighters.
Fifth Raven Wing Cluster (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Kristine Cooper
- - At this point the Fifth was located on Bad News alongside the Corvus Keshik and was operating at three-quarters of full strength. Just over half of the Cluster was equipped with OmniFighters.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 128
- Field Manual: Update, p. 79
- Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 96, "Target Practice on the Rim"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 15, "Vinson's Vigilantes"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 165, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Historical Turning Points: Antallos, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Alpha Galaxy (Swift Wing Galaxy)"