5th Robinson Strikers
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|5th Robinson Strikers LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Brigade|
Formation and the Draconis Reach
Formed during the 32nd Century, the unit would primary be used in fighting in the Draconis Reach. In the no-man land between the Federated Suns, the Fifth and it's other brigade members be deployed as part of the decades long campaign to try to win the long time objective of reclaiming the region for the Draconis March's nobility. By December 3139, the Fifth along with rest of the brigade would have to withdraw due to Wolf's Dragoons successful campaign to claim the disputed Territory for the Draconis Combine. The Combat Team would again be deployed in April 3141 to the Reach in an attempt to retake the former Reaches from the Combine, but the campaign would take a toll in personnel, leaving a third of the Strikers' seasoned troops dead by the time the unit is finally withdrew again in 3143. The Strikers would, by this time, try to attempt to build itself back to strength back in the March by using whatever troops could be recruited, even if they had little experience.
The Draconis Combine Invasion of 3144
In the aftermath of campaign to reclaim the Reaches, less year would pass before Draconis Combine would launch it's full invasion of the Federated Suns. Combat Team's strength would further drop as tried to fend off the Twenty-Second New Samarkand Regulars' invasion of Cimeron. If not for the Striker's aerospace wing's efforts, the Strikers would have been on brink of being gutted. The Striker's success would also be due in part to Regular's limited aerospace assets already being greatly reduced to due to the campaign into the FedSuns.
Withdraw to Verde, the Strikers would try rebuild using graduates straight from academies help replenish it's depleted ranks among the Mech Warriors and Battle Armor platoons. Many of it's regiments reduced to green troops, among the Combat Team's surviving veterans soldier would be suffering from fatigued from the consistent fighting from past years with the Combine.
- CO: Leftenant General Franklin Vehrson
- BattleMech Unit Note: The battalion is at 70% fighting strength and has a C Tech Rating.
- CO: Commodore Alfonso Nelson
- Aerospace Unit Note: The Aerospace force is at 50% fighting strength and has a C Tech Rating.
5th Robinson Strikers Armor Brigade - (Regular Skilled/Fanatical Loyalty)
- CO: Leftenant General Neil Cartwright
- Armor/Combat Vehicle Unit Note: The combat vehicle force is at 60% fighting strength and has a C Tech Rating.
5th Robinson Strikers Infantry Brigade - (Green Skilled/Reliable Loyalty)
- CO: Leftenant General Wendy Hines
- Infantry Unit Note: The Infantry force is at 90% fighting strength and has a C Tech Rating.
UNIT NOTES: LCT was assigned as of 3145 on the world of Verde.
The members of the Fifth Robinson Strikers paint their machines with a red and yellow paint scheme with silver accents which differs itself from rest of the Brigade. The unit's crest is Striker sword and shield with the long sword replaced by a tasseled cavalry saber.
Exactly time the Fifth Robinson Strikers as of this writing is unknown, there is little information on it's origins, details it's fighting in the Draconis Reach and later invasion of the Federated Suns.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 80 First & Second Robinson Strikers - Both unit fluff describes what exactly the Light Combat Unit is suppose to be like.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 80 Robinson March Brigade/Fifth Strikers - The Fifth Robinson Strikers early years and the initial write up on long standing campaign in the Draconis Reach.
- Era Report: 3145, pp. 21, 29-31,50 Timeline 3139/Savage Tumult - Wolf's Dragoons conquer the Draconis Reaches. Duke Sandoval offensive reclaim the Reach and it's failure. Map and Dates noted events as of the fighting in the Reaches.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 54,80 22nd New Smarkand Regulars/Robinson March Brigade - Brief info of the Twenty-Second New Samarkand Regulars fight with the Fifth Robinson Strikers, noting both sides' and the Striker's current state of affairs.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 93, Federated Suns Deployment/Dahar PDZ (Dahar Command) - "Fifth Robinson Strikers - status, commanding officers and location information."
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 80 Fifth Robinson Strikers - Unit paint scheme and insignia detailed.