666th Mechanized Assault (Clan Hell's Horses)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|666th Mechanized Assault|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
In 3137 the 666th attacked New Oslo. They faced the Fourth Bear Regulars. When Elementals from the 666th killed the Fourth's commander, the Bears became enraged and inflicted heavy losses on the 666th Mechanized. After two weeks of fighting, the Horses withdrew.
They fought the Kell Hounds on Timkovichi in 3142. After the Hounds withdrew, the 666th sent a Binary to punish the population of a local village for hiding the withdrawing Hounds. This Binary (with three Points of Buraq battle armor) discovered a Kell Hound ambush and called in artillery fire to disrupt the mercenary unit. Most of the village was destroyed and the Hounds had to withdraw.
By 3145 the Clusters of Beta Galaxy were deeply involved with the Mongol Doctrine. The 666th was the most obvious user of conspicuous violence to break the spirit of a foe. They were also present when Malvina Hazen called down orbital fire on Kell Hound units and several Beta Galaxy Clusters. The 666th didn't see the destruction of their fellow Galaxy members as a problem though, and they remained at her side. When she fell into a coma, the War Cluster formed part of the honor guard that escorted her to Sudeten. Shortly thereafter they were stationed on Derf.
Star Colonel Domnall Seidman was the commander of the 666th Cluster in the late 3080's. He also proposed the Mongol Doctrine. The Khans of the Horses promoted him to the First Horde Cluster so he could test his theory. He was succeeded by Star Colonel Marguerite Grimheald.
In the Dark Age they were specialists in the Mongol Doctrine's tactics.
- CO: Star Colonel Icobod Dwelley
In the Dark Age, the 666th Cluster disregards zellbrigen, bidding, and the Clan rules of engagement. When rolling random weights, the controlling player gets a +1 modifier for 'Mechs, but suffers a -1 modifier for vehicles. The 666th will also target facilities that are usually off limits (hospitals, schools, etc.) if they believe that the facility has helped their opponent.
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 66, "666th Mechanized Assault"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 8
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 6
- Era Report: 3145, p. 61
- Era Report: 3145, p. 60
- Era Report: 3145, p. 165