66th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Sixty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Mu Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
Like the other elements of Mu Galaxy, the Sixty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster was primarily founded after the founding of the Wolf Empire using Spheroid personnel. The Sixty-sixth and the other elements of Mu were recruited from a swathe of former Free Worlds League worlds of no particular affiliation, from the region between the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey and the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. Unwanted and prone to interplanetary grudges, these worlds had nothing in common other than interstellar geography, and this posed particular problems for Clan Wolf.
Although the Spheroid personnel of the Sixty-sixth were volunteers, the realities of life under a Clan resulted in the Sixty-sixth taking little interest in training. By 3145 Mu had only fought one exercise involving the entire Galaxy, and that descended into a live-fire brawl as the Sixty-sixth and the other Clusters squabbled over grudges between their homeworlds that went back centuries. Petty crimes like desertion and theft became increasingly commonplace, and a shortage of Clan warriors made it difficult to enforce the traditional Clan punishments for such crimes - particularly as commanders prone to harsh discipline had a tendency to die in fatal "accidents". The Sixty-sixth and the other elements of Mu had swiftly highlighted to the Wolves all of the negative elements of local cultures being brought together.
Sixty-sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Howard
- - At this point in time the Sixty-sixth was stationed on Mundrabilla and was operating at less than two-thirds of full strength. Although the Sixty-sixth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Mu Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Mu Galaxy"