67th BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
|67th BattleMech Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Nickname||Greed, Envy, Lust and Pride|
|Parent Formation||Iota Galaxy|
The 67th BattleMech Cluster is a second line formation used by Clan Hell's Horses. They make extensive use of conventional infantry and cavalry units. The Cluster employs fast mechanized infantry formations that use small hovercraft to keep up with scouting elements. They are very useful in confined cities, but frequently they serve as a distraction so damaged vehicles and 'Mechs can leave the battlefield.
Another unique infantry type in the Cluster is the Mechanized AA formation. This unit is equipped with light antiaircraft weapons to counter enemy aircraft. Not intended for front-line combat, this unit instead forms a protective barrier around supply vehicles, repair depots, and other rear-echelon formations. Clan Ice Hellion assaulted the 67th, and these troops were able to drive off the Hellions, but it cost them dearly.
Pirate Raid on Toland
In April, the pirate band known as the Gort’s Hounds raided the planet. The raid's objective was Toland's rare minerals, however Clan Hell's Horse's defending forces would respond. The 67th BattleMech Cluster's heavy Solahma Infantry trinary was deployed to deal with the pirates. The trinary used its cavalry and VTOL points to herd the mix Combat Vehicle and few BattleMechs elements of the band into a trap. There the Trinary used its Star of Zephyros to cut through the pirates' formation, eliminating two of the band's BattleMech elements. The vehicles were given cover fire by the Trinary's entrenched infantry force. The battle ended with Gort's Hounds being destroyed.
As of 3067 the commanding officer was Star Colonel Harold.
As of 3059, the 67th BattleMech Cluster does not use conventional Clan tactics, including not using Zellbrigen.
- CO: Star Colonel Johann Seidman
- Note: The unit is noted having large percentage of Infantry among its Trinaries.
67th BattleMech Cluster (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Harold
Using Force Specific Rules found in the Field Manual: Crusader Clans, the 67th BattleMech gains its parent galaxy's special abilities. 67th along with its sister clusters, do not observe Clan rules of Zellbrigen. It can use the Off-Map Movement ability to take on an enemy force. Should the unit be working with elite Alpha Keshik, the unit would not benefit from the Alpha Keshik's special abilities due to the Clan's dim view of members of the 67th's Iota Galaxy as of 3059.
If using RPG characters from this unit, Iota's members suffer from +3 (MechWarrior 3rd Edition RPG) to all social skill rolls. However, members of the Cluster and the rest of its parent galaxy can improve their combat skills at cost of single point gained in an adventure.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 210-211
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 134 Zephyros / Deployment - Battle with pirates in 3085.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 73 - 67th BattleMech Cluster - tidbit info includes unit's make up.
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusade Clans, p. 176 Rules Annex - Iota Galaxy's Combat tactics noted in special rules that directly effect 67th BattleMech Cluster.
- Field Manual: Crusade Clans, p. 176 Rules Annex - Iota Galaxy's special abilities and cons that directly effect 67th BattleMech Cluster.