67th BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
|Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Nickname||Greed, Envy, Lust and Pride|
|Parent Formation||Iota Galaxy|
The Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster was a second-line formation used by Clan Hell's Horses. The made extensive use of conventional infantry and cavalry units. The Cluster employed fast mechanized infantry formations that used small hovercraft to keep up with scouting elements. They were very useful in confined cities, but frequently they served as a distraction so damaged vehicles and 'Mechs could leave the battlefield.
Another unique infantry type within the Cluster was the Mechanized AA formation. This unit was equipped with light anti-aircraft weapons to counter enemy aircraft. Not intended for front-line combat, this unit instead formed a protective barrier around supply vehicles, repair depots, and other rear-echelon formations. Clan Ice Hellion assaulted the Sixty-seventh, and these troops were able to drive off the Hellions, but it cost them dearly.
Pirate Raid on Toland
Following the Hell's Horses capture of worlds in the Clan Jade Falcon Occupation Zone within Inner Sphere, the Sixty-seventh BattleMech was be shifted to garrison duty on Toland by 3085. In April, the pirate band known as the Gort’s Hounds raided the planet. The raid's objective was Toland's rare minerals, but Clan Hell's Horse's defending forces responded to the attack. The Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster's heavy Solahma Infantry trinary was deployed to deal with the pirates. The trinary used its cavalry and VTOL points to herd the mix the Combat Vehicle and the few BattleMechs elements of the pirate band into a trap. There the Trinary used its Star of Zephyros to cut through the pirates' formation, eliminating two of the band's BattleMech elements. The vehicles were given cover fire by the Trinary's entrenched infantry force. The battle ended with Gort's Hounds being destroyed. While the victory seemed like an example of efficiency at work, it was actually more likely that this was because those were all the forces the Sixty-seventh had available at the time.
|Commanding Officers of the 67th BattleMech Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Johann Seidman||3059|
|Star Colonel||Edwin Shaffer||3085|
As of 3059, the Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster does not use conventional Clan tactics, including not using Zellbrigen.
- CO: Star Colonel Johann Seidman
- Note: The unit is noted having large percentage of Infantry among its Trinaries.
Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Harold
Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Edwin Shaffer
- - At this point in time the Sixty-seventh was stationed on Nyserta and was operating at just one-fifth of full strength. The Sixty-seventh lacked any Omni-technology elements.
Using Force Specific Rules found in the Field Manual: Crusader Clans, the Sixty-seventh BattleMech gains its parent galaxy's special abilities. Sixty-seventh along with its sister clusters, do not observe Clan rules of Zellbrigen. It can use the Off-Map Movement ability to take on an enemy force. Should the unit be working with elite Alpha Keshik, the unit would not benefit from the Alpha Keshik's special abilities due to the Clan's dim view of members of the 67th's Iota Galaxy as of 3059.
If using RPG characters from this unit, Iota's members suffer from +3 (MechWarrior 3rd Edition RPG) to all social skill rolls. However, members of the Cluster and the rest of its parent galaxy can improve their combat skills at cost of single point gained in an adventure.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 210-211
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 134 Zephyros / Deployment - Battle with pirates in 3085.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 117, "Iota Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 73 - 67th BattleMech Cluster - tidbit info includes unit's make up.
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusade Clans, p. 176 Rules Annex - Iota Galaxy's Combat tactics noted in special rules that directly effect 67th BattleMech Cluster.
- Field Manual: Crusade Clans, p. 176 Rules Annex - Iota Galaxy's special abilities and cons that directly effect 67th BattleMech Cluster.