6th Amaris Fusiliers
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|6th Amaris Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2587)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Fusiliers|
One of the Rim Worlds Army units to side with the Rift Republican Army and the Rim Provisional Government during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war that began in 2575, the Sixth Amaris Fusiliers spent most of the next decade on the world of Austerlitz in the Republic's Finmark Province.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and in 2579 assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. the first wave of attacks focused on securing significant worlds near Apollo, until a destructive raid on Alarion by the Fourth Amaris Fusiliers in retaliation prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and the capture of key worlds.
In late 2584 the SLDF changed tactics again; a number of major RWA units had been destroyed or captured, and the focus for the campaign shifted to capturing worlds of strategic importance, but the campaign was slowed by the greatly increased resistance offered by the RWA and local civilian populations, prompted by atrocities performed by the Draconis Auxiliary Corps when they captured Nightwish in mid-2584. Archon Viola Steiner-Dinesen of Battle Group Finmark assigned the Thirty-First Armor Division - one of two divisions within the SLDF VIII Corps - to the conquest of Austerlitz and the neutralization of the Sixth Fusiliers in 2587.
The heavily outnumbered Sixth Fusiliers fought to great effect on Austerlitz, turning the battle for control of the planet into a brutal slugging match; the Sixth Fusiliers used their heavy units to lock the Thirty-First in place and then used their light armor to launch fast, slashing attacks on the Thirty-First's infantry regiments. The Thirty-First drew on the available AeroSpace Fighter support and fast BattleMech companies to try and counter the Sixth Fusiliers' tactics, and while these efforts were partially successful the Sixth Fusiliers had still inflicted enough damage on the Thirty-First Division before being defeated at the end of the three-week battle to force the Thirty-First to have to be temporarily withdrawn from the Task Force MAILED FIST order of battle for refitting.
- During the Reunification War the Sixth Fusiliers receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 128, "Reunification War: Rim Worlds Republic Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132, "Case Apollo"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 152, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 134-135, "Arlina to Viborg (December 2584 - September 2588)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"