6th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|6th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||I Corps|
The Sixth Royal Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was one of the SLDF's Royal units, which consisted of troops from the Terran Hegemony. It was originally formed as the Sixth Royal Division during the creation of the SLDF in 2571, and was a part of II Corps during the Reunification War, where it served in the Outworlds Alliance campaign from 2581 to 2583 before being transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
As a part of the Outworlds Alliance task force, the Sixth was stationed on Kesai IV when military action against the Alliance began, deploying to Niles and Sevon in 2581; the Sixth was then deployed across several worlds at brigade strength, with the 16th Royal Brigade remaining on Sevon whilst the 17th Royal Brigade deployed to Pitkin and the 18th Royal Brigade to Kennard. While the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Brigades would remain on Pitkin and Kennard throughout 2583, the 16th Royal Brigade saw action on both Tancredi IV and Haynesville that year.
Having been redeployed to Victralla in 2584, the Sixth saw action on Hanseta in 2585 and 2586, MacLeod's Land in 2587 and New Vandenberg in 2588. The Sixth saw combat again in 2590 on Desolate Plains before returning to New Vandenberg in 2591, where the Sixth would remain until being deployed into the Hyades Cluster in 2593.
By 2764 the Sixth Royal Division had become the Sixth Royal Mechanized Infantry Division and was stationed on Terra, as part of I Corps, First Army, deployed within the Terran Military Region. The Sixth was destroyed during the Amaris Civil War in 2766.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Sixth Royal Division (3 Brigades)
Despite the doctrine and organization originally defined for divisions during the creation of the SLDF, the 6th would most likely have been a mélange of combined armed units.
The Sixth Royal Mechanized Infantry Division (3 Brigades) As a mechanized infantry division the 6th would have consisted of two brigades of mechanized infantry and one BattleMech brigade, plus an air wing and combat and logistical support units.
It was confirmed by the author of Historical: Reunification War that in general, the Divisions listed within the Star League sourcebook be traced back directly to those Divisions listed within Historial: Reunification War.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 142-3, "Taurian Concordat Front"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 140, "First"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 123, "Pitcairn's Raids"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 27, "Divisions and Brigades"
- Ask The Writers: Star League Divisions: Reunification War to Liberation of Terra