6th Free Worlds Legionnaires
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3070)|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds Legionnaires|
The unit was conceived as an assault regiment. The unit consisted in creation, two battalions of heavy 'Mechs, one battalion consisting of all Assault 'Mechs. The unit defected to the Word of Blake in 3070.
In 3057, the 6th attacked Denebola with the Atrean Hussars and the 4th Marik Militia during Operation Guerrero. The world easily fell due to absence of its Denebola Skye March Militia, which was off world for training on Caph.
Sixth's Private Civil War
Problems between General Kerry-Jayne Anderson's officers began after the successful conquest of Denebola. The 6th Aerospace Wing's Commanding Officer O'Brien and Legionnaires' BattleMech regimental commander Colonel Peck argued that the fighter wing should fall under command of the 'Mech unit. General Anderson needed to break up these squabbles on a consistent basis.
In 3062, General Anderson was assassinated by an unknown party, resulting in the unit attacking itself. The chaotic conflict caused great damage to the unit, League secret service SAFE eliminated what short and nasty conflict did not destroy triggered the war. Purges by SAFE depleted the Sixth's numbers even more. By 3067 the unit was under strength and had a SAFE observation unit attached to it. The unit remained on Oliver after its fratricidal conflict.
Defection & Desertion of the League
In October of 3068, the Word of Blake announced that the "original" Thomas Marik had been replaced by the current Captain-General, that he was an imposter. This started unit began thinking of about the future. Its commanding officer, General Pepper, began to have doubts about the Free Worlds League and how the false Marik had played them and the League for fools in her opinion. The entire unit defected to the Word of Blake when the Blakists approached her. They offered to feed, clothe, and pay them and give them a cause. Unit officially defected to Word of Blake as of 3070, sending an official message to Legionnaire High Command of their displacement from Legionnaires. The Sixth was enfolded into the Word of Blake's 12th Militia Division's Dreams of Sunrise III-alpha and Blessed Converts III-Beta.
Forces from the 6th Free Worlds Legionnaires were confirmed to be serving as a part of the garrison forces on Shiloh when forces from the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR arrived to liberate the planet in June and July 3077.
It was unknown if the "new" Sixth Free Worlds Legionnaries would be formed or removed from rolls.
The Regiment never formed particular tactics as whole, thou individual company and battalions developed their own individual ones.
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Garton Peck
- XO: Force Commander Zahar Qayyum
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Zahar Qayyum
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Che Doyle
- Wing Commander: Commodore Jill O'Brian
6th Legionnaires Armor (1 Reinforced Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Alid Sood
- Includes a Artillery and an Air Defense Company
6th Legionnaires Alpha and Beta Infantry Regiments (2 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- Alpha Regiment - Troop Commander: Leutnant-Colonel Joe Farrier
- Beta Regiment - Troop Commander: Leutenant Colonel Gabrielle Pain
The composition of the unit remains the same, however its strengths due to the internal conflict among themselves reduced its strengths. It officers with exception of the commanding officer remains the same and possible 'Mech force officers. This is listing of force strengths from 0-100%.
- 6th Free Worlds Legionnaires - 55%
- 6th Legionnaires Aerospace Wing - 80%
- 6th Legionnaires Armor (Reinforced) Regiment - 85%
- 6th Infantry / Alpha Regiment - 90%
- 6th Infantry / Beta Regiment - 75%
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 41, "6th Free Worlds Legionnaires Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 41 - "Unit creation information"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 41 - "Unit profile" - Operation Guerrero history.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 41 - "Officers" - Colonel Peck wants the Aerospace wing to follow "his" orders instead of serving the entire brigade.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 145 - "6th self-destructs after the death of General Anderson and its understrength".
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 18 - "Article" - Time of Revelations
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 88 - "Article: Higher Purpose".
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 29, "Shiloh Falls"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 41, "Officers"