6th Oriente Hussars
|6th Oriente Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Oriente Hussars|
Several members of the Fusiliers of Oriente have suggested that the unit should be named the "Sixth Fusiliers of Oriente", which has annoyed the members of the Hussars. The LCCC has sided with the members of the Sixth, so the unit will remain the Sixth Oriente Hussars.
 Anton's Revolt
As part of Janos Marik's strike force, the Sixth Oriente Hussars landed on Calloway VI. There they faced the Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Gamma regiments. Though they destroyed the Dragoons reputation for invincibility, the conflict essentially destroyed the Sixth as a unit. The Sixth wouldn't re-form until 3058.
The Sixth spent most of its time on the Free Worlds/Magistracy of Canopus border hunting down pirates. This provided them with a great deal of practical experience that they lacked. Their success on these pirate-hunting trips earned them the nickname of the "Aardvarks".
By 3085 the Sixth had successfully defended the Nimakachi Fusion Products plant on Dalton from Word of Blake, Regulan, and pirate raids. During the time the Sixth has garrisoned Dalton, no enemy forces have been able to escape with product from that factory.
In 3085, the Sixth Oriente Hussars' ground forces would gather around their DropShips or other strong points while their VTOLs and conventional aircraft performed reconnaissance. The Sixth then attacks their foe as quickly as they can.
 Composition History
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Astoria Jaka
- XO: Force Commander Luis Brunnel
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Magda Ybarra
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Narcis Serra
- Wing Commander: Lieutenant Commander Alfredo Kraus
6th Oriente Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Astoria Jaka
- CO: Commander Bharata Suess
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "6th Oriente Hussars"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 97, "6th Oriente Hussars Unit Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Brush Wars, p. 29
- ↑ Field Report: FWLM, p. 10
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Field Manual: 3085, p. 84
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Field Manual: Updates, p. 161, "AFFS Deployment Table"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Field Manual: 3085, p. 92, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"