6th Raven Battle (Clan Snow Raven)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|6th Raven Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The Sixth Raven Battle Cluster is a unit of Clan Snow Raven's Alpha Galaxy. They were considered the elite unit of Alpha Galaxy.
The Cluster's insignia has shooting stars being pursued by a Snow Raven.
Conflict on Homer
In September 3060, the 6th Raven Battle Cluster was leading unit among the rest of its Galaxy in the Clan's conflict with Clan Steel Vipers. On the Kerensky Cluster world of Homer, the cluster aggressively to provoke Vipers forces fight with them. However, 6th Raven failed to pressure the defending Viper forces withdraw from the planet.
The unit's commander, Star Colonel Dorian Howe, was embroiled in a political conflict with Alpha Galaxy's commander, Thorstsen Magnus. The conflict origin had come from a failed sikbo which blended his blood house's DNA with Magnus's blood house.
During the Snow Raven's relocation to the Inner Sphere the Sixth fought several pirate bands. As they were unimpressed by these pirate forces, the Sixth began to use different tactics which were more brutal and less Clan-like. As these tactics were employed against "pirate scum" however, they didn't affect the Sixth's honor.
Border Skirmish & Destruction
While stationed on Outworlds Alliance world of Ramora in 3071, a trinary of the unit was dispatched to with Alliance Borderers to intercept a Federated Suns raid. The raiders turn out to be mercenary unit, the Screaming Eagles. The trinary, with mostly Armor regiment attack the raiders. However, three BattleMech battalions was too much for them and destroyed the 6th Raven's trinary and Borderer allies.
The Cluster managed to track down the Screaming Eagle's base. So the entire Cluster was dispatched to world of Kilbourne on the Federated Suns' border. The unit speedly moved ahead of main formation of the Eagles to strike their base.
The 6th Ravens assaulted the Eagle's Kilbourne base, and inflicted heavy damage against the unit's 4th BattleMech Battalion. However, despite its damage, the 77th Heavy Armor's Artillery successfully kept the Cluster from completely wiping out the Eagle's garrison forces.
As 6th Ravens laid siege to the garrison force, the rest of the Screaming Eagles arrived. These units, combined with battered garrison force successfully destroyed the entire Cluster.
- Historical Turning Points: Antallos, p. 9
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 128 - Alpha Galaxy - 6th Battle Cluster history as of 3060.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 128 - Blood house feuding puts 6th Raven's commander at odds with Alpha Galaxy's commander.
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 105 - Screaming Eagles - 6th Raven Battle Cluster's battle against the Screaming Eagles and its demise in 3071.