78th Hellion Lancers (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|78th Hellion Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The Seventy-eighth Hellion Lancers Cluster was equipped with heavier equipment than was usually seen in Clan Ice Hellion. This equipment was usually slower than most Hellion gear, and so the Seventy-eighth was used to operating by itself. During the Hellion's Fury campaign, the Seventy-eighth landed on Foster to face the Twenty-first Vanguard Battle Cluster. They successfully defeated the Mandrill unit.
The Seventy-eighth had suffered heavy losses lately, in part because of internal fighting within the Clan in the late 3050s.
In 3070 the Cluster moved to Nouveaux Paris with the rest of Alpha Galaxy, arriving in September. Mid 3071 saw Alpha together with Delta Galaxy and the newly arrived Zeta Prime Galaxy form the primary attack force under Khan Montrose. This force moved against Clan Jade Falcon industrial worlds of the Falcon Occupation Zone, fighting in multiple systems.
The exact fate of the Cluster is not recorded, but in 3072 Alpha Galaxy retreated to Vantaa, here along with the remnant of Zeta Prime Galaxy they were assaulted by Clan Jade Falcon's Alpha and Delta Galaxies as well as Clan Hell's Horses's Iota Galaxy. The two understrength Hellion Galaxies took up a defensive position in an industrial complex, as the Hell's Horses advanced the Hellions called in an orbital bombardment from the Cage's Pride. This tore apart the Horse front line but also shattered much of the industrial complex resulting in a toxic spillage of chemicals in the air. Alpha was left in a state of confusion when Khan Montrose was killed during a Falcon flank attack. The Galaxy, including the Seventy-eighth, was effective destroyed by combat and toxic fumes.
- CO: Star Colonel Grace Lienet
78th Hellion Lancers (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Patricia Rood
Does not gain Alpha's +1 to initiative bonus.
- The Cluster was the heaviest unit in Alpha Galaxy
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 24
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 35
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 84, "75th Hellion Lancers Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 55-6
- Wars of Reaving, p. 69
- Wars of Reaving, p. 85
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 177