78th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Seventy-eighth Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Wyandot Warriors|
|Parent Formation||IX Corps|
The Seventy-eighth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Tawas, assigned as a part of the IX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region. It was then transferred to District 2 in 2765 in response to the New Vandenberg Uprising. With the start of the Amaris Civil War, the Seventy-eighth would take part in the Hegemony Campaign to win back Terra, in which the division was destroyed.
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 49, "78th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133