7th Battle (Clan Wolf)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|7th Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3137)|
|Nickname||The Hungry Wolves (3052)|
|Parent Formation||Gamma Galaxy|
The Seventh Battle Cluster was a part of Clan Wolf. Formed shortly after the Wolverine Annihilation, the Seventh faced Clan Jade Falcon on Eden. During that Trial the unit was shattered. After action reports indicated that the unit suffered the loss because it ran out of ammunition. Since that time the Seventh uses 'Mechs that are equipped with energy weapons. This allowed the Seventh to operate away from logistical support, and so in 2833 it was an excellent bandit-hunting unit.
On Dagda in 2834 the Seventh joined with the 1015th Burrock Guards and the First Falcon Striker to destroy Clan Widowmaker's Third Battle Cluster. The Wolves and their allies were successful, but the Falcons quickly issued a challenge for the Widowmaker enclave. The Falcons lost this challenge.
Post Refusal War
In 3058 the Seventh Battle Cluster engaged elements of the Jade Falcon's Fifth Battle Cluster on Tomans. The Seventh was rebuilt around a Binary of warriors who survived the Refusal War. To quickly rebuild, the Seventh was expanded with a pair of mixed Trinaries from Clan Coyote and a Binary of former Clan Star Adder OmniMechs.
Invasion of the Republic
In the late 3110's, the Seventh Battle Cluster fought a Trial of Possession against the Second Tyr Cluster for a Vanir DropShip. The Seventh wasn't successful, and the Vanir remained with the Ghost Bear unit.
In 2833 the Seventh was commanded by Star Colonel Britta Shaw. She was killed fighting Clan Widowmaker's Third Battle Cluster. She forced the Third's commander, Maria Isaacs, over the edge of a cliff.
During Operation Revival, the Seventh was commanded by Star Colonel Carmin Winson.
- Trinary Command (3 OmniMech Stars) - Star Captain Robert Vickers
- Trinary Battle (3 OmniMech Stars) - Star Captain Edwina Carns
- Trinary Striker (3 OmniMech Stars) - Star Captain Selma Ward
- Trinary Elemental (3 Elemental Stars) - Star Captain Marion Sradac
- Trinary Fighter (3 OmniFighter Stars) - Star Captain Willom Mehta
- Command Trinary
- Assault Trinary
- Striker Trinary
During the invasion of 3137, Star Colonel Hestia bid on behalf of the Seventh, but it was unclear if she was the actual Cluster commander. At the time, it appeared that Star Colonels commanded Galaxies.
- Operational Turning Points: Widowmaker Absorption, p. 13
- Operational Turning Points: Widowmaker Absorption, p. 24
- A Wolf in the Eyrie, p. 13
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 144
- Era Report: 3145, p. 73
- A Bonfire of Worlds, p. 163
- A Bonfire of Worlds, p. 160
- A Bonfire of Worlds, pp. 160, 163