7th Capellan Chargers
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Seventh Capellan Chargers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Chargers|
Tracing its origins back to the Capellan Hegemony Armed Forces, the Seventh Capellan Chargers were amongst the premiere offensive formations of the Capellan Hegemony and, later, the Capellan Confederation. Maintaining the traditions and ideals of the Capellan state, the Seventh Chargers were active throughout the Age of War, with the cavaliers of the Seventh often being found in the midst of the thickest fighting during Capellan offensives, operating as a part of the armored core of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.
The Capellan Chargers were one of the first Capellan brigades to receive BattleMechs, and while the Chargers were never the largest of brigades, the various regiments maintained high standards of excellence in combat and proper decorum. The Seventh Chargers were deactivated during the formation of the Star League Defense Force, with many of the personnel from the Seventh transferring into the service of the Star League where they served with distinction.
Only two regiments of Chargers were maintained as active regiments during the early Star League era, but after the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 by the Star League Council in 2752 the CCAF began expanding rapidly and several regiments were reactivated.
First Succession War
As one of the premier regiments serving the Capellan Confederation at the start of the First Succession War, the Capellan Chargers won many battles against opponents of equal strength or better. However, their unwillingness to retreat or surrender made them vulnerable to nuclear weapons and overwhelming odds. The unit was destroyed by the end of the First Succession War.
The Seventh Capellan Chargers was reformed sometime during Operation GREAT FLOOD as one of the Hidden Lion regiments resurrected by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. Staffed by the best and brightest the Capella Commonality had to offer that included a full battalion of First Capellan Defense Force veterans and officers from the Holdfast Guard, they were the most experienced of the Capellan Chargers brigade. The new Capellan Chargers used the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They were a front-line regiment of the Capella Commonality.
Operation CELESTIAL REWARD
The Seventh Capellan Chargers were assigned deep raiding duties during Operation CELESTIAL REWARD. They badly damaged the General Motors tank factory on Salem. On Kathil, the presence of the Eighth Avalon Hussars saved the planet's Marauder factory. The Capellan Chargers regiment did fulfill their primary objective in preventing the AFFS regiment from leaving Kathil.
The Chargers of 3145 used hit and run tactics that maximized their light 'Mechs and vehicle's effectiveness. These units were often equipped with long range weaponry.
A single eyeball, staring ominously outward.
7th Capellan Chargers (Veteran/Reliable)(75% Strength)
- CO: Sang-shao Zeno Laskaris
- The unit had an "A" Equipment Rating. The regiment did not appear to have any support units attached to it. They had numerous Assassins and Firebees. They were an Augmented Regiment.
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 9, "Capellan Chargers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 34, "Capellan Chargers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "St. Ives Commonality"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"