7th FedCom RCT
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|7th FedCom RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Federated Commonwealth Corps|
For much of its history, the Seventh FedCom RCT has been understrength, not reaching its full authorized strength until four years after it initially entered service. The Seventh FedCom was stationed in the St. Ives Compact for most of its service history. After the Capellan-St. Ives War, they fought for Victor Steiner-Davion during the FedCom Civil War.
Formed in 3039, less than a month prior to the invasion of the Draconis Combine, the Seventh FedCom served as a false front, hiding the massive build-up elsewhere in preparation for the invasion. The Seventh FedCom was stationed on Nashuar in the St. Ives Compact and built up a strong relationship with the people of that nation. Just prior to the Compact-Confederation conflict when the 5th Lyran Regulars were stationed there as SLDF peacekeepers, the two units butted heads, with the Seventh seeing the Fifth Lyran Regulars as an invading force as well a sign of the troubles in the Federated Commonwealth. Soon, combat between the two units began, which usually ended up as all-out firefights that few walked away from. After the Fifth Lyran Regulars retreated, the Seventh FedCom defended Nashuar as best they could until the cease-fire was called. Soon after, the Seventh FedCom was relocated to Spica to act as that world's garrison force until it could rebuild. 
The Seventh FedCom remained on Spica until the FedCom Civil War, when the RCT was moved to Talon, which is the moon of Wernke, in November of 3063 in preparation to face off against the 22nd Avalon Hussars, though neither unit wanted to move first. The 22nd Avalon Hussars made the first move when they fired on the Seventh FedCom's ships, which were intercepting DropShips full of 'Mechs bound for New Avalon. At that point the fighting began on Talon. For the next few months, the Seventh FedCom tried to pry the 22nd Avalon Hussars from their Kallon Industries mountain factory complex. By late 3065, after almost getting trapped and destroyed, the Seventh Fedcom pulled out of mountains when it became clear that no reinforcements were coming from New Syrtis. In 3066 it was learned that the 22nd Avalon Hussars had received orders to pull out and fall back to New Avalon to aid in its defense. The Seventh FedCom received orders to prevent this at all costs. The Seventh FedCom made an airdrop in the valleys around the 22nd Avalon Hussars and tried to do as much damage as possible. Through sheer tenacity, the Seventh FedCom broke into the factory complex. Though the Seventh FedCom's DropShips and fighters initially strafed ground targets, the air support had to cease in order to avoid hitting their own troops. After a four day battle, the Seventh FedCom was completely destroyed, but were successful in stopping the 22nd Avalon Hussars from leaving to reinforce New Avalon after destroying over 80 percent of their equipment. 
Formerly the executive officer of the Armor Brigade, Leftenant General Torri Hughes took command in 3062 of the Seventh FedCom during the Compact-Confederation conflict after the RCT lost most of its leadership in the fighting and the Thugee nerve gas attacks.
The Seventh FedCom does not believe in being subtle. They just flood the battlefield with their equipment and overpower their enemies with their full strength.
7th FedCom Regiment (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Hauptmann General John Albion Pickett
7th FedCom Regiment (Green/Questionable) 
- C O: Hauptmann General Timothy Seiser
- CO: Leftenant Colonel Pat Williams
- Aide: Major Lee Trebelhorne
- AeroSpace Brigade - Major Andrew "Jojo" Means
- CO: Leftenant General Torri Hughes
- Aide: Captain Frederick Bally
- 7th FedCom Heavy Armor - Leftenant General Torri Hughes
- 7th FedCom Armored Cavalry - Leftenant Colonel Jeremiah Bellamy
7th FedCom Infantry Brigade (3 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Gus Streebach
- Aide: Major Han Lo
- 1st St. Ives Legionnaires - Colonel Thomas Overton
- 14th FedCom Mechanized Infantry - Major Maia Poole
- 7th FedCom Jump Infantry - Leftenant Colonel Gina Torres
- Like other FedCom RCTs, the Seventh primarily used the FedCom Corps crest, as well as a phantom warrior brandishing a sword for its insignia.
- The parade colors of the Seventh is the same as other FedCom Corps units, which is navy blue with gold banding on the arms and legs of 'Mechs. Gold is also used to highlight panels on the upper torsos of 'Mechs and turrets of armor units, resulting in a checkerboard pattern.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 95
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), pp. 82, 92, 128, 142, 157-158
- 20 Year Update, p. 29, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 29
- Objective Raids, p. 43