7th Free Worlds Legionnaires
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds Legionnaires|
Formed in 3057 the Seventh Free Worlds Legionnaires were the newest unit of Free Worlds Legionnaires.
Attacked Marcus together with the 5th Marik Militia and the 12th Atrean Dragoons in September 3057. Faced the 'Mech Regiment of the 12th FedCom RCT at the Battle of Cabot's Stand, where they held long enough to allow the other Free Worlds League units to encircle the enemy unit. In 3059 they were assigned to garrison Irian.
As part of the Coalition forces, the Seventh Free Worlds Legionnaires landed on Cor Caroli alongside the 1st Crucis Lancers and Skye Guards in 3077. After an initial skirmish reduced the Word of Blake defenders numbers by 20%, the Coalition forces continued on and reduced the defenders numbers by half. The Blakists withdrew from the world having only inflicted light losses on the Seventh and other Coalition units.
In 3079 the Seventh Free Worlds Legionnaires were part of the assault on Terra. They attacked Moscow alongside the Skye Guards and the 31st Marik Militia. They were able to trap several Word of Blake units in their Castle Brian complex. Eventually the Seventh took such heavy losses during the Jihad that it was disbanded.
As a relatively new unit, the 7th hadn't developed any tactical specialties.
3059 - 3067
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Adam "Grizzit" Constantine
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Kelly Penzek
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Phil Livers
- Wing Commander: Commodore Manfred Teauchborg
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Melvyn Lacey
- Troop Commander: Lieutenant Colonel Gareth Lineaker
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Peter Aldhus
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p.35
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 42, "7th Free Worlds Legionnaires Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 111
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 25
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 102
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 75, "FWLM Commands Lost in the Jihad"