7th Jump Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- BattleTech Dev Reveals Future Of The Game
- Read more →
|Seventh Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||Seven in Heaven|
|Parent Formation||XL Corps|
The Seventh formed a part of XL Corps, Fifteenth Army, and in 2764 was stationed in District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising and subsequent Periphery uprising the Seventh was deployed into the periphery in 2765.
The division survived deployment to the periphery, but the Seventh took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and the division was disbanded by 2784; elements of the division went on to join the Capellan Confederation and the Draconis Combine. The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces managed to recruit two battalions of assorted personnel from the Seventh in 2782, and in 2784 the personnel from the Seventh were mustered alongside a battalion of similar recruits from the 147th Mechanized Infantry Division to form the Ninth Tikonov Lancers.
As an SLDF jump infantry division the Seventh would have been formed from one brigade of BattleMech regiments and two brigades of jump infantry, which would have been supported by two Ground Aero Wings which protected and carried the infantry.
- The Star League, p. 148
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133