7th Pesht Regulars
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Seventh Pesht Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Future Guards|
|Parent Formation||Pesht Regulars|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Regimental Paint Scheme
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
The Seventh was assigned to garrison duty on Land's End in 3022. The Seventh's assignment meant going nearly forty years with anything occurring. The Seventh's dedication to the Combine was all that kept the unit from protesting their unexciting assignment. During this time, the successive regimental commanders transferred individuals of exceptional ability to front-line units so their talent would not be wasted.
4th Succession War
Following the lull in major offensives in early 3029, a number of new offensives began as the Fourth Succession War entered its second year. In early July 3029 Coordinator Takashi Kurita moved to Irurzun from Luthien and took more of an interest in combat actions on the border between the Draconis Combine and Federated Suns than he had earlier in the war, where his attention had been almost completely focused on Wolf's Dragoons. Ten days after arriving on Irurzun Takashi had drafted and launched a new offensive aimed at securing more worlds from the Federated Suns, and McComb was one of those worlds. Attacked by the Seventh Pesht Regulars, the planetary militia on McComb were swiftly defeated as the DCMS inexorably annexed the Galtor Thumb region.
War of 3039
In 3048, the notorious pirate band the Band of the Damned had raided world of Kokpekty. The band had been raiding the Combine for years, however after the Kokpekty raid the DCMS High Command finally resolved to do something about the band. The Seventh Pesht's commanding officer of the time, Tai-sa Kurits Benzinger, dispatched the regiment's Second Battalion to hunt down the pirates. The Second Battalion was commanded by Sho-sa Vance Rezak, who led his BattleMech battalion of poorly-equipped and discarded MechWarriors on a seven-month chase through the Periphery. After narrowing their pursuit through the Draconis Rift, the Second Battalion cornered the Damned on a uninhabited world. Reports of the battle showed it to have been fierce; the Second Battalion's JumpShip had been disabled by the pirates after two weeks of fighting. What wasn't publicly known was that Rezak had requested reinforcements and supplies and had been ignored by Tai-sa Benzinger. A year later Sho-sa Rezak respectively defeated the Damned's leader and made himself the pirate band's commanding officer. He then declared war on the Draconis Combine for neglecting his unit and abandoning it. Intelligence sources indicated that Tai-sa Benzinger was collaborating with original leader of the Damned. It unclear if DCMS High Command was aware of Tai-sa actions.
By mid 3050s, the unit discipline had grown lax. The DCMS High Command had under-supplied the regiments for years feeling the such supplies are needed elsewhere.
In 3058, the Seventh was moved to Meinacos to reinforce the Eighth Dieron Regulars as part of the preparations for Operation BULLDOG. The unit's infantry regiment, the Second Periphery Watchers, were left behind on Land's End since they were a local unit.. The Seventh unfortunately did not arrive in time assist the Eighth when they were hit by a counter-attack staged by Clan Smoke Jaguar survivors. After the Jaguars were forced out, the Seventh was assigned to Courchevel.
First Dominion War
Things became interesting again for the Seventh when the First Combine-Ghost Bear War broke out in 3062. Courchevel became a target for the Clan Ghost Bear's Third Bear Regulars. The Seventh's years of inexperience finally caught up with them as they faced battle-hardened Clan Warriors. The Seventh was forced to sacrifice a battalion's worth of BattleMechs in order make good its withdrawal from the planet. The unit withdrew to Byesville, where the Seventh was assigned as part the world's garrison force. After the Ghost Bear War the Seventh began to train extensively in anti-Clan tactics, vowing never allowing themselves routed again by the Clans.
Federated Suns Incursion
During the Jihad, the Seventh was considered by the Draconis Combine High Command to be part of the Combine's allotment of troops to Devlin Stone's Coalition. They were assigned to the Free Worlds League front as a part of Group II under the overall command of Duke Leonard Stewart. While attacking Wasat in early 3077 alongside the Home Guard, the ground based defenses (apparently made up of capital weapons) destroyed a complete company of the Seventh Pesht and shattered the Home Guard. When the task force learned of the problems being experienced on Wasat by Group II the second in command of the Free Worlds League front, saKhan Santin West of Clan Nova Cat, led Group III to reinforce Group II. Consisting of Clan Nova Cat's Alpha Galaxy as spearhead with the Twentieth Marik Militia and ComGuard's Fourth Army in support, Group III landed and combined forces with Group II in an assault that the Wasat defenders couldn't coordinate against. Wasat was liberated by early March 3077.
The Seventh Pesht and the rest of Group II would face another hard campaign when they were deployed to Elgin on the 3rd of January 3078, where the 1st Elgin Protectorate Militia Division put up a dogged and determined resistance that made the conquest of Elgin both difficult and moderately damaging for the coalition forces, although Group II ultimately prevailed over the Blakists.
Group II landed on Liberty in early April 3078 only to soon find itself locked in a campaign against local Blakist mercenary forces and Capellan-loyalist guerrillas. While not mentioned by name as being involved in the conflict on Liberty, it is presumed that the Seventh Pesht were there as a part of Group II, and that they remained with the other Group II forces as the coalition troops called for an independent negotiator to try and mediate. As late as June the coalition troops were still bogged down on Liberty even as the remainder of the Free Worlds League task force gathered on Pollux ready for the strike against Terra. It wouldn't be until after the arrival of Lin Murikami, lead negotiator on behalf of Devlin Stone, that a ceasefire would be brokered between the various factions on Liberty.
In the assault on Terra the Seventh Pesht was under the direct command of Commanding General Devlin Stone. Along with Stone's Lament, the Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards, the Third Free Worlds Legionnaires, Ryuken-ni, and the Ghost Legion, the Seventh Pesht Regulars attacked Hilton Head island in an attempt to decapitate the Word of Blake command structure. Heavy casualties forced Stone to reprioritize, and the Seventh Pesht turned towards Dallas. Outside of Little Rock they faced the Blakist Twenty-first Division. During the final battle between Devlin Stone and Cameron St. Jamais the Seventh captured the main gun control facility at the Word's Devils Tower fortress. Upon their return to the Combine they were reassigned to garrison Midway.
In 3085 the unit sparked a rivalry with the Third Pesht Regulars, who regarded the Seventh as arrogant upstarts who got lucky during their time in Operation SCOUR. Their deployment to Qandahar showed how the Warlord viewed them, as did his willingness to send most of the incoming supplies to the rebuilding Sixth Pesht Regulars.
The Seventh in this era were being starved of supplies, as they were among the lowest priority units. However with their posting on Lima close to the invasion front with the Federated Suns, the Seventh boasted the largest 'Mech complement of the Regulars. The issue of these "acquisitions" to the ISF was deemed trivial compared to the chaos of the invasion. 
The unit was known in the early Thirty-first Century for using all light BattleMechs, however with no specialization in any particular tactics. Chu-sa Susan K'uang-yin of the Third Battalion is an master pilot, and trains those under her command in tricky maneuvers.
Seventh Pesht Regulars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: General Lorelei Girardin
- CO: Tai-sa Kurtis Benzinger
- CO: Tai-sa Kurtis Benzinger
3059 to 3067
- CO/First Battalion: Tai-sa Han Kao Tsung
- XO: Chu-sa Peter Redmond
- Second Battalion: Chu-sa Benjamin Toku
- Third Battalion: Chu-sa Susan K'uang-yin
- Wing Commander: Dai-i Hannabil Jones
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Akito Montgomery
Second Periphery Watchers (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Jerome Fuentes
Seventh Pesht Regulars (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Bernard Johnsson
Seventh Regulars Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sho-sa Akiko Sato
Monty's Maulers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jonah Montgomery)
- CO: Tai-sa Danny Rocha
Seventh Regulars Aerospace Wing (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Sho-sa Alfonzo Maxwell
Seventh Regulars Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Suzuko Okuma
Twelfth Pesht Guard (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Juliette Conrad
Regimental Paint Scheme
The units are painted white, with green stripes. The only emblems painted on them are the crest of the Draconis Combine and of the Pesht Regulars.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 72, "7th Pesht Regulars unit profile"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 30, "A New Approach"
- The Periphery (1996) p. 83, "Vance Rezak's Band of the Damned" - 7th Pesht's CO sends a weak Battalions of troops to make it appear he not working with Band of the Damned.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 118, "2nd Periphery Watchers is longer listed with unit".
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 72, "2nd Periphery Watchers note includes Regiment not likely to travel due being under equipt".
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 109, "7th Pesht Regulars update in 3067"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 p. 34, "Status Report" - unofficial ISF report suggesting units for Devlin Stone's coalition which includes the 7th Pesht
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 80, "Terra's Doorstep"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 87, "Chaos Eternal: Death To Tyrants"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 126
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 42
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 56, "Seventh Pesht Regulars"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 134,"Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 42, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3050"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 118, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 51, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 65, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 147, "Pesht Regulars specialization notes".
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139
- 20 Year Update, p.42
- Objective Raids, p.28
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Update
- Field Report: DCMS
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita Sourcebook
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Objective Raids
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- The Periphery (1996)