801st Heavy Armored Regiment
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|801st Heavy Armored Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2443)|
|Parent Formation||Hegemony Armed Forces|
The Terran Hegemony was responsible for the development of the first BattleMech, with the MSK-5S Mackie entering service in 2439. The pilot of the first Mackie to undergo successful testing was Colonel Charles Kincaid, a scion of the wealthy and influential Kincaid family, and Kincaid would go on to command a 'Mech company within the 801st..
The first battle in the history of the Inner Sphere to involve BattleMechs also involved the 801st; a lance of Mackies from the 801st faced a company of armoured vehicles from the Draconis Combine on the planet Styx, which the Kuritans were attempting to raid. The 'Mechs from the 801st easily handled the Combine tanks and their infantry support outside the city of Barbados; faced with the new Hegemony weapons on a battlefield marred by wet weather conditions and mud, only a single Combine tank and a few infantry were left alive from the raiding party at the end of the battle. This overwhelming victory proved to most that BattleMech technology would be decisive in future battles.
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 5, "The New Knights"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 186, "MSK-9H Mackie: Notable Mechwarriors"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 41, "Planet Profile"