81st Division (ComStar)
|81st Division IV-kappa|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Defenders of Joje|
|Parent Formation||2nd Army|
Suffering grievous losses at the hands of Clan Nova Cat on Tukayyid, the 81st Divisions posting along the Federated Suns/Draconis Combine border near the Chaos March has seen it suffer from the increasing tensions against ComStar.
Prior to the initial Clan Invasion, the green rated 81st Division was known by the nickname of Operations of Thought and was assigned to the 2nd Army. Then a IV-phi based formation, the 81st's headquarters world was An Ting in the Draconis Combine. 
With Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht splitting up the 2nd Army to bolster the other armies during the Battle of Tukayyid, the 81st was attached to the 8th Army and suffered horrific losses during the Com Guards' defense of Joje against Clan Nova Cat. The 81st's losses were so severe that it only avoided disbandment after Tukayyid by absorbing other equally crippled units.
Heavily rebuilding with BattleMechs in the aftermath of Tukayyid, the now veteran rated 81st was transformed into a IV-kappa formation, the new command division of the 2nd Army moving its headquarters to the Fomalhaut on the FedSun-Combine border.  Having chosen the new nickname of The Defenders of Joje after its experinces on Tukayyid, with elements stationed in Davion, Kurita and Chaos March space, the rebuilt 81st's morale suffered due to clashes with the Word of Blake and increasing tensions with the Katherine Steiner-Davion controled Federated Commonwealth after her brother became Precentor Martial of the Com Guards. 
Like the rest of the 2nd Army, the 81st avoided combat during the Draconis March's unauthorized invasion of the Combine during the FedCom Civil War, pulling back to defend ComStar HPG stations and other humanitarian interests. Much to the relief of the division, in the face to the Word of Blake's increasing efforts in Chaos March to form their Protectorate, the 81st's involvement in that region was terminated. 
|Commanding Officers of the 81st Division|
|Precentor||Randolph Riggins||3054-3067  |
3062 to 3067
- The Clawed III-theta: Demi-Precentor Burton Gale Extreme
- Prejudice III-kappa: Demi-Precentor Kermlt Reed
- Applied Force III-iota: Demi Precentor William Grawin
- Cat Tamers III-kappa: Demi-Precentor Lori Bielawski
- Breath of Hope III-mu: Demi-Precentor Carta Walther
- Boiling Point III-lambda: Demi-Precentor Anthony Martino 
- The 81st's insignia is a marble wall bearing the ComStar emblem. 
- 20-Year Update, p. 70, "2nd V-lambda"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 23, "2nd Army V-Mu: The Iron Warriors"
- ComStar, p. 84, "2nd Army (The Iron Warriors V-mu, Fomalhaut Theater, from 2 to 3 on the "Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 84, "2nd Army V-Mu: The Iron Warriors"