81st Mechanized Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|81st Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Tau Ceti Rangers|
|Parent Formation||LVIII Corps|
The Eighty-first formed a part of LVIII Corps, Seventh Army, and in 2764 was stationed in District 3 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising the Eighty-first was deployed into an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765.
The Eighty-first took heavy losses during the Periphery Uprising and by 2766 the division had been disbanded. A complete sub-unit of the Eighty-first, the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers regiment survived the Periphery campaign, and opted not to join General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus but instead became mercenaries in the employ of the Capellan Confederation.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
- The Star League, p. 154
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 99