81st Mechanized Infantry Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|81st Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Tau Ceti Rangers|
|Parent Formation||LVIII Corps|
The Eighty-first formed a part of LVIII Corps, Seventh Army, and in 2764 was stationed in District 3 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising the Eighty-first was deployed into an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765.
The Eighty-first took heavy losses during the Periphery Uprising and by 2766 the division had been disbanded. A complete sub-unit of the Eighty-first, the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers regiment survived the Periphery campaign, and opted not to join General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus but instead became mercenaries in the employ of the Capellan Confederation.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
- The Star League, p. 154
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 99