84th Assault (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|84th Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 2872)|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Smythe-Jewel|
The Eighty-fourth Assault Cluster was a front line cluster of Kindraa Smythe-Jewel.
In 2870 the Kindraa challenged the Hell's Horses for the breeding rights and Elemental technology. Star Colonel William Smythe led the Kindraa force, but used deceptive bidding tactics to give the impression of a much smaller force and won the trial. Kindraa Payne also fought and took the brunt of the Trial of Possession, while the Eighty-fourth Assault Cluster destroyed much of the Seventeenth Mechanized Strike Cluster and walked away with new Elemental breeding protocols as well as Battle Armor samples.
The Hell's Horses earger for revenge arranged for a contract bid to include Clan Coyote in the Hell's Horses trial against the Kindraa. The combined Hell's Horses-Coyote task force descended on the Smythe-Jewel enclave on Foster and challenged them to a Trial in 2872. Star Colonel William Smythe and the Eighty-fourth led the defence. The fighting lasted for 26 hours, Star Colonel Smythe led a flank attack with the Eighty-fourth that killed the commander of the Horse's 666th Mechanized Assault Cluster, but was himself killed during a Coyote counter-attack. At the end of the fighting every Kindraa 'Mech was destroyed and the Cluster wiped out.
|Commanding Officers of the 84th Assault Cluster|
|Star Colonel||William Smythe||2780 - 2782|
Eighty-fourth Assault Cluster
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 39 - "Striking from Solitude"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 54-56 - "Hell's Fury"