85th Adder Cavaliers (Clan Star Adder)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|85th Adder Cavaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
Little is known about the command. The unit was expanded after the fighting on Albion. Now they include Supernovas, which give the commander more flexibility against the foes of the Adders in the future. 
The Wars of Reaving
Alpha and Beta Galaxies had followed Clan Burrock's Zeta Galaxy to Nouveaux Paris in early 3074. The Burrock defenders had just pushed the Clan Hell's Horses Eta Galaxy off planet. The Star Adders made a combat drop on top of the Burrock defenders. The Eighteenth Warren Cluster attempted to ambush the Eighty-fifth Adder Cavaliers close to a large copper quarry, but were themselves caught as the Cavaliers pinned the Burrocks in place as a Binary of aerospace fighters from the Tenth Armored Cavalry bombed their exposed positions along the roadway leading to the quarry; the Eighteenth died to a warrior. The Adders were later forced to retreat from the planet when the Burrocks threatened to destroy their grounded DropShips.
The unit can fight in any terrain and prefers longer engagements, because of their heavy equipment. Most battles follow a two step plan. First the fighter soften the opponent up and then the heavy/assault mechs deliver the final blow. 
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 123
- The Wars of Reaving, p.121