- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|8th Ghost Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Ghost Regiments|
The 8th Ghosts are a BattleMech Regiment which was originally formed by the Draconis Combine to help bolster the nation's armed forces in anticipation of an invasion conducted by the newly formed Federated Commonwealth. The unit is entirely staffed by Yakuza crime members.
War of 3039
Together with its sister unit the 8th Ghost forced the surprised FedCom troops from Sadalbari. The 3rd FedCom suffered the most damage and against two advancing DCMS units even the 5th Davion could only retreat without available reinforcement.
Clan Invasion and Destruction
While not able to penetrate the security surrounding the Ghost Regiments, Wolfnet believed that immediately prior to the Clan Invasion the 8th Ghost was stationed alongside the 7th on Byesville in the Pesht Military District.
The 8th would suffer horrendous losses against Clan Smoke Jaguar on McAlister, losing six companies during the fight, the commander could only save a single Battalion which would remain stationed on McAlister as of 3054. Rather than rebuild the 8th, the DCMS High Command eventually decided to merge the survivors into the 10th Ghost, which also suffered some losses during a raid into the occupation zone.
8th Ghost (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
8th Ghost (Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 96
- 20-Year Update, p. 42
- Objective Raids, p. 70, "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 118
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139
- Objective Raids, p.28