91st Heavy Assault Regiment
- Clan Invasion Box Set ‘Mechs Revealed!
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Read more →
|Ninety-first Heavy Assault Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XL Corps|
The Ninety-first Heavy Assault Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2602, in the wake of the Reunification War the Ninety-first would be briefly involved in the increasing tensions between the Star League and the Draconis Combine caused by the drunken and paranoid Coordinator Leonard Kurita's search for his bastard children. Convinced that the First Lord Ian Cameron had secretly spirited some into the Terran Hegemony, in 2602 Leonard ordered several lances of BattleMechs and platoons of infantry to scour schools and orphanages on the Jointly-Owned World of Asta for any of his heirs, contravening the Jointly-Held Worlds agreement forbidding the deployment of military forces. Sent in to eject the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery troops, by the time the 91st landed on Asta the Combine forces had withdrawn along with fourteen children they believed resembled the Coordinator. Ultimately medical tests would prove that none were related to Leonard Kurita and all fourteen would be returned to Asta, but the incident would only serve to escalate tensions between both powers yet further. 
In 2763 the Regiment was stationed on New Samarkand rarely deploying away due to lack of transport JumpShips. In 2764 the Ninety-first was assigned, as a part of the XL Corps, Fifteenth Army to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765.
Having survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, it was the first Regiment of the SLDF to desert in the summer of 2783, to be absorbed by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, who redesignated the regiment as the Second Crucis Lancers.
|Commanding Officers of the 91st Heavy Assault Regiment|
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 53 "History - Postwar Era - Leonard's Folly"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 186
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth Army"
- The Star League, p. 96
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13