91st Mechanized Assault (Clan Hell's Horses)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|91st Mechanized Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Nickname||East Wall Cluster|
|Parent Formation||Epsilon Galaxy|
The Ninety-first Mechanized Assault Cluster was a formation of Clan Hell's Horses warriors. These troops were typically equipped with heavy weapons. Though they had the standard Clan equipment, they also used conventional infantry formations. These troops would be grouped in Points of five and equipped with jump packs, body armor, and Bearhunter autocannons to back up their Mauser IIC rifles. The jump packs allowed the conventional forces to keep up with the Elementals, but the armor was obviously not as effective.
The Ninety-first raided Weingarten in 3139 and Gunzburg in 3143. In each case they used Arion QuadVees. In the 3139 raid the Ninety-first successfully fought the Rasalhague Dominion's Second Tyr Assault Cluster to a standstill. However, the Bears got their revenge in 3143. The Second Freemen Cluster inflicted heavy losses on the Ninety-first, and forced them to withdraw. They later faced the Jade Falcons on Somerset and successfully raided the Falcon enclave.
Specialize in engagements at point-blank range, including physical attacks.
- CO: Star Colonel Thaddius Cobb
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 210-211
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 26
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 30
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 69, "91st Mechanized Assault"