98th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
|98th Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Omicron Provisional Galaxy|
The 98th Crimson Guards fought in the Burrock Absorption, against forces from Clans Star Adder and Burrock, as part of Mu Provisional Galaxy. Transferred to Omicron with the destruction of Mu. They were part of the force assigned to retake the Arcadia enclave from Clan Star Adder in 3066. In 3069, the Guards were led by Khan Karianna Schmitt on Albion, capturing several industrial complexes from Clan Star Adder. They then defended these holdings on Albion when they came under several attacks between 3070 to 3072 by Adder forces.  In early 3073, they took part in the assault on Eden against the Star Adder and Clan Hell's Horses enclaves, showing no mercy to the Adders in retribution for the bombardment of York. 
After Eden, they were ordered to move to Albion. Here they made a combat drop straight onto one of the Adder enclaves, which fell quickly.  A week later, they moved against the second Adder enclave, here the fighting was more fierce, the 98th Crimson Guards were wiped out in an ambush that saw the Adders blow up a large portion of the city to prevent its capture. Other clusters took heavy damage from aerospace attack before the Spirit's withdrew and obliterated both Adder enclaves with orbital bombardment.
- As of 3059, the Commanding Officer was Star Colonel Raphael Johns.
- As of 3067, the Command Officer was Star Colonel Nad Johns.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 33, "98th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p.38
- The Wars of Reaving, p.42
- The Wars of Reaving, p.104
- The Wars of Reaving, p.122
- The Wars of Reaving, p.123
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"