9th Arcturan Guards
|Ninth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Euterpe Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Arcturan Guards brigade was originally founded as the Capitol Guards when the Lyran Commonwealth was founded as a nation in 2341, and the brigade changed its name to the Arcturan Guards sixty years later when the government of the Commonwealth was relocated from Arcturus to Tharkad. The Ninth Arcturan Guards was one of the nine founding units of the Guards, and like the other Guards units was named for a muse from ancient mythology - in this case, Euterpe.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Ninth struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Ninth a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
In 2765 the Ninth was close to finishing its current tour on the world of Chaffee, a quiet or even cushy posting on a world mainly known for its artistic retreats. Given how easy the assignment had been, the Ninth's command staff were anticipating that their next posting would be much more difficult.
- Ninth Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Ninth were stationed on Chaffee.
- The Ninth Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- According to Greek mythology the Muse Euterpe was the Muse of flutes and lyric poetry.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"