9th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
|9th Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Formed||Between 3134 and 3141|
The Ninth Confederation Reserve Cavalry was created in secret sometime before 3144 as one of the Hidden Lion regiments formed by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. This new CRC unit uses the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They are a second-line regiment of the Sian Commonality.
The Ninth CRC are recruited from regional training centers and Canopian military academies, and as of 3145 stationed on Zanzibar. Despite having seen little action in the last decade, they are considered significantly more reliable then their sister unit the 8th Confederation Reserve Cavalry.
Due to the regiment’s high ratio of officers from the Magistracy of Canopus, has led the Ninth CRC to adopt a tactical doctrine more akin to what is seen in the MAF. This entails them favoring stand-off attacks that at the same time avoid exposing the unit’s ’Mechs to fire. 
9th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Sara Xiang
- CO: Kong-sao-shao Corey Jacobson
- CO: Zhong-shao Kin Yeung Lo
9th CRC Sharpshooters (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Sean Bateman
The Ninth CRC trims their equipment a pale green, with also the emblem of a lioness in profile.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 39, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Ninth Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 47, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"