9th Fang (Clan Steel Viper)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Parent Formation||Omega Galaxy|
The Ninth Fang had taken up position on the planet Waldorff by 3054. It was badly damaged when the Seventh Talon Cluster of Clan Jade Falcon raided the planet in June 3057, and was still recovering in December 3060.
The Ninth was not on the Steel Viper roster in 3067. Its final fate is not known, but it is likely that it was destroyed when the Vipers were ejected from the Inner Sphere. Alternatively it is possibly that it was destroyed during the fighting against Clan Snow Raven in 3065, when the Vipers took heavy losses. 
In the 3050s the Galaxy Commander had give the orders to the Star Colonel of the Cluster to use all opportunities to secure victory. This included urban warfare, traps and other 'dirty Inner Sphere tactics'.
Ninth Fang - Regular/Reliable 
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 149, "9th Fang Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 66