- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|9th Ghost Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3058)|
|Nickname||Heruzu Enjeruzu ("Hell's Angels")|
|Parent Formation||Ghost Regiments|
War of 3039
The unit participated in the assault of Elidere IV with its sister unit, the 10th Ghost. Together they forced the surrender of the world's defenders. The unit returned to its home world of Hachiman.
3056 - El Dia de los Muertos
The Ninth was ordered to attack Chandrasekhar Kurita's Tanadi Computers compound in response to ISF reports that Camacho's Caballeros had mutinied in a pay dispute and were holding Kurita hostage. By the time these reports were disproven - in fact, the ISF had been falsely convinced by one of Kurita's business rivals that he was a traitor to the Combine - the fighting had lasted most of the day; despite inflicting heavy losses on the Caballeros (and taking heavy damage in return), the Ninth Ghost had been unable to breach the Tanadi compound by the time the ceasefire order was issued.
3058 - Rescue of the Coordinator
In 3058, the Ninth Ghost were granted the honor of participating in a parade marking the birthday of Coordinator Theodore Kurita. During the lead-up to the festivities, the Ninth (and their friends Camacho's Caballeros) uncovered a plot by the Black Dragons to assassinate the Coordinator - moreover, the commander of the Coordinator's own bodyguard, the Otomo, was among the conspirators and intended to turn his regiment's weapons on the Coordinator's reviewing stand during the parade. A joint assault by the Caballeros and the Ninth saw the traitors defeated, despite the Otomo being equipped with newly-built Combine OmniMechs.
Again the Ninth Ghost was heavily damaged in the fighting, but the survivors' loyalty and courage were honored by their being integrated into the rebuilding Otomo.
|Commanding Officers of the 9th Ghost Regiment|
|Tai-sa||Eleanor Shimazu||3056 - 3058|
9th Ghost (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Close Quarters, p. 65
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 135, 139, "Symbol" S = Surrendered, 139 shows unit activities during war.
- 20 Year Update p. 41
- Close Quarters, p.304-384.
- Black Dragon
- Field Manual: Update, p. 110, "Otomo profile information".
- Close Quarters.
- Black Dragon, p. 85
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139