9th Syrtis Fusiliers
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Ninth Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Formed||Age of War|
The Ninth Syrtis Fusiliers could trace its origins back to the Age of War or earlier and the private military force raised by House Hasek to defend its mining and drilling concerns on New Syrtis. The Syrtis Fusiliers became the private guard and personal army of the Hasek family, with their star rising alongside that of the Hasek family and New Syrtis; the Syrtis Fusiliers expanded, and as time progressed the brigade became the official guard of New Syrtis and then the perhaps the most important military command within the Capellan March Principality of the Federated Suns.
Davion Civil War
The bulk of the Syrtis Fusiliers brigade supported Prince David Varnay and his wife Cassandra Davion loyally throughout the Davion Civil War, opposing first the combined forces of Laura Davion and Nikolai Rostov and then First Prince Alexander Davion. At the end of the war Prince Alexander offered an amnesty to the survivors from the brigade, and reintegrated the Syrtis Fusiliers into the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, the restructured military that replaced the Federated Peacekeeping Forces as the state military of the Federated Suns.
Alexander's clemency towards the Syrtis Fusiliers and his subsequent actions in rebuffing the attempt by Richard Varnay to seize control of the Capellan March cemented the Fusiliers' loyalty to New Avalon and the wider Federated Suns.
The Star League
The Ninth Syrtis Fusiliers served the Federated Suns well in the two centuries following the Davion Civil War; when the Star League council issued the Council Edict of 2650, sharply limiting the size of the military each Great House was allowed to maintain, the Ninth and her sister regiments were left untouched. The brigade would remain ten regiments strong until shortly after the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650.
The Ninth was unusual for a Syrtis Fusiliers regiment in that by 2765 it had incorporated a DropShip assault squadron commanded directly by the commanding officer of the regiment, rather than the Federated Suns Navy. The incorporation of their DropShip squadron was one part of the steady increase in aerospace forces within the Ninth as a consequence of the regiment spending more than fifty years as the garrison responsible for protected the naval yards in the Firgrove system.
Ninth Syrtis Fusiliers (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Ninth were stationed on Firgrove and had been since at least 2715. In addition to the Ninth's 'Mech forces the regiment also incorporated a DropShip assault squadron.
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 18, "Syrtis Fusiliers"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 19, "Regimental Status"