AA Mechanized Infantry
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
The Hell's Horses treat their conventional infantry better than the average Clan. With this in mind, they provide their infantry units with more protection and support than one might expect, and introduced the Anti-Aircraft units or AA Mechanized Infantry in 2900.
These Anti-Aircraft troops provide a screen for support units, supply dumps and artillery vehicles. They are rarely deployed in combat and some commanders have serious doubts about how battle worthy they are. There are questions if they can even survive an attack by a VTOL, let alone an aerospace fighter.
In a rare occurrence Clan Hell's Horses deployed such infantry against Clan Ice Hellion, these troops took heavy losses from the Hellion air strikes as they lacked the speed to respond quickly, however they proved successful and the tanks they protected were left unscathed.
The infantry travel in specially designed light tanks fitted with lightweight antiaircraft weapons.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Master Unit List, "AA Mechanized Infantry"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 211
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 208