Mk. 2 Man-Portable AA Weapon
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
The Mk. 2 Man-Portable AA Weapon is an anti-aircraft missile system produced by Armstrong Industries, part of a series of weapons which has started making a comeback on the modern battlefield. Man-portable anti-aircraft weapons became almost extinct during the Succession Wars as the advanced electronics necessary for their construction became rarer and reserved for other roles, though their reintroduction post-Clan Invasion has been spurred on by the recent technological resurgence. The overall low damage potential of AA weapons, with their relatively small shaped-charge warheads, is offset by their ability to penetrate armor and damage components, which can be incredibly hazardous for aircraft flying at low altitudes.
The Mk. 2 is a heavy, yet robust, squad support weapon with a four-shot magazine, trading portability for effectiveness. Its substantial warhead not only produces more damage but doubles as an anti-armor weapon; since the missile’s seeker-heads are calibrated to target aircraft heat plumes and electronic emissions, though, it is grossly inaccurate when targeting combat vehicles or battle armor. These weapons are used to form air defense networks where attacks by VTOLs and fixed-wing aircraft are likely.
- Item: Mk 2 Man-Portable AA Weapon
- Equipment Rating: D/F-X-D/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 6B/8S
- Range: 60/360/900/1800 meters
- Shots: 4
- Cost/Reload: 3500/1000
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 35kg/14kg
- Notes: Encumbering; Crew: 2; +2 to Attack Roll vs. Airborne Targets; -5 vs. All Others
- A Time of War, p. 276, "Missile Launchers"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 151, "Mk. 2 Man-Portable AA Weapon"
- A Time of War, p. 274, "Missile Launchers - Table"