Alliance Defenders Limited
|Alliance Defenders Limited|
|Founding Year||Star League era|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Alliance Defenders Limited is a military hardware manufacturer in the Outworlds Alliance.
Alliance Defenders Limited (ADL) was the first and largest producer of weapons and equipment for ground based warfare in the Outworlds Alliance. It was founded as a result of funding investments made by the Terran Hegemony which envisioned ADL as the means for easing logistical problems involved in replacing equipment lost in the field by the Star League Defense Force Eighteenth Army. ADL began it operation in the 2730's and has provided 'Mechs to the Alliance Military Corps ever since.
Output from ADL facilities grew steadily between their opening in the 2730's and April of 2765. During the Star League era, ADL specialized in the production of three light 'Mech designs; the Locust, the Stinger, and the Wasp, many of which were equipped with the advanced laser systems manufactured by Lushann Industrials Limited. At least two of these designs, the Locust and the Stinger, were procured by Emma Jacobs (the first CEO of ADL) by bribing pirate bands to acquire their designs from the Federated Suns.
Alliance Defenders Limited has manufacturing centers on the following planet:
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 143, "Manufacturer Profile"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 10, "Infrastructure Integrity"
- Top of the Scrap Heap, p. 12
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 16
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 28, "Produced Cadaver components"
- Objective Raids, p. 153, "Produced Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 281, "Produced Locust 1V Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 140, "Produced Stinger IIC Components"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 17, "Alliance Defenders Limited"