Alliance Defenders Limited
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Alliance Defenders Limited|
|Founding Year||Star League era|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Alliance Defenders Limited (ADL) was the first and largest producer of weapons and equipment for ground based warfare in the Outworlds Alliance. ADL was founded as a result of funding investments made by the Terran Hegemony. The company was envisioned to be the means for easing the logistical problems of replacing equipment lost in the field by the SLDF Eighteenth Army. ADL began its operation in the 2730's and has provided 'Mechs to the Alliance Military Corps ever since.
Output from ADL facilities grew steadily from its opening to April of 2765. During the Star League era, ADL specialized in the production of three light 'Mech designs; the Locust, the Stinger, and the Wasp, many of which were equipped with the advanced laser systems manufactured by Lushann Industrials Limited. At least two of these designs, the Locust and the Stinger, were procured by Emma Jacobs (the first CEO of ADL) by bribing pirate bands to acquire their designs from the Federated Suns.
Alliance Defenders Limited has manufacturing centers on the following planet:
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 143, "Manufacturer Profile"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 10, "Infrastructure Integrity"
- Top of the Scrap Heap, p. 12
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 16
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 28, "Produced Cadaver components"
- Objective Raids, p. 153, "Produced Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 281, "Produced Locust 1V Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 140, "Produced Stinger IIC Components"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 17, "Alliance Defenders Limited"