Alliance Defenders Limited
|Alliance Defenders Limited|
|Founding Year||Star League era|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Alliance Defenders Limited (ADL) was the first and largest producer of equipment and weapons for ground based warfare in the Outworlds Alliance. It began operations in the 2730's, and it has provided 'Mechs to the Alliance Military Corps ever since. ADL was founded as a result of funding investments made by the Terran Hegemony, which envisioned ADL serving as a means for easing the logistical problems involved in replacing equipment lost in the field by the Star League Defense Force Eighteenth Army.
During the Star League era ADL specialized in the production of three light 'Mech designs, the Locust, Stinger and Wasp, many of which were equipped with the advanced laser systems manufactured by Lushann Industrials Limited. Between the opening of the ADL facilities in the 2730s and April 2765 output from ADL grew steadily. At least two of these designs, the Locust and Stinger, were procured by Emma Jacobs (the first CEO of ADL) bribing pirate bands to acquire designs from the Federated Suns.
In 3067 ADL expanded production to include the Rommel and Po heavy tanks.
Alliance Defenders Limited has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 143, "Manufacturer Profile"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 10, "Infrastructure Integrity"
- Top of the Scrap Heap, p. 12
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 16
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 28, "Produced Cadaver components"
- Objective Raids, p. 153, "Produced Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 281, "Produced Locust 1V Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 140, "Produced Stinger IIC Components"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 17, "Alliance Defenders Limited"