- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|AM-PRM-RH7 Rock Hound ProspectorMech|
|Manufacturer||Alliance Motors, Limited|
|Use||ProspectMech, mining, salvage, defense|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||StarSlab/6 Standard Armor|
|Engine||Alliance 160 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Garret T10B|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 911-C|
|Speed||64.8 kph km/h|
The Rock Hound ProspectorMech was introduced by Alliance Motors Limited of Sevon in 3042. The design was created for LosTech prospectors who needed a good reliable WorkMech that could defend itself should pirates or other potential threats arise.
The design was successful for Outworlds Alliance-based Alliance Motors, selling the design to foreign interests such as the Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus, and private parties like Interstellar Expeditions. By 3067, the design and its variants were seen in wide use throughout the Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
Unlike most IndustrialMechs, the Rock Hound was designed with weaponry as part of its standard equipment. Its two shoulder mounted Shannon Fore SRM-4 Launchers have one ton each of ammunition. Guiding the SRMs is a military grade Advance Fire Control system, allowing the Hound's pilot to direct accurate fire on any would-be attacker. The 'Mech is given nearly seven tons of standard military grade armor to protect its hull from damage. The Hound is also equipped with an Ejection Seat, which is not normally found in Industrial Mech designs. For use at night and in dark locations, a Search Light was added to its center torso. The 'Mech is powered by a economical Alliance Motors 160 rated Fuel Cell engine, giving it reasonable speed and power.
The Hound's main tool, however, is the Mining Drill mounted on its right arm actuator. Using this drill allows the operator to cut into hardened ground to recover potential ore or buried LosTech.
- RH7A Rock Otter
- This variant of the Hound, was created for amphibious operations. The designers added environmental sealing at the cost of the 'Mech's Ejection Seat, left SRM 4 launcher, and half a ton of its Armor. BV (2.0) = 510
- RH7C Rock Possum
- The Possum is the cargo variant of the Rock Hound. While retaining all its original equipment except for its right torso SRM 4 launcher, which was replaced by an internally mounted 3-ton Cargo Bay. BV = 534
- RH7S Space Hound
- This variant of Rock Hound is similar to the Rock Otter variant, replacing the ejection seat with environmental sealing. The 160 rated Fuel Cell engine was exchanged for a 160 rated Fusion Engine. To fuel the single Jump Jet installed in the right torso, the right torso SRM Launcher was dropped for a 2 ton Cargo Bay. The Space Hound also retains the standard variant's two heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 517
All records sheets for this design were also included in Handbook: Major Periphery states. The original publication of the 'Mech had errors, which included a hand actuator with the Mining Drill. The TechManual rules forbids Mining Drill and hand actuators in the same place.
- Objective Raids, p. 155, "Produced Alliance Motors Components"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 188, "Rock Hound Profile"
- BattleTech Forums Errata for Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, pp. 188-189, 213-216