Protector (Conventional Fighter)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|ASF-23 Protector Combat Support Fighter|
|Manufacturer||United Outworlders Corporation|
|Use||Ground Fire Support Aircraft|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||250 Turbine|
|Fuel||160 - 3 ton|
|Armament|| 2x LRM-10s
3x Machine Guns
The ASF-23 Protector Combat Support Fighter is a Outworlds Alliance military aircraft produced by United Outworlders Corporation in 3019. The aircraft's origin is somewhat of a corporate mystery. The aircraft was the result of what it appears to be a undisclosed joint venture between United and the Magistracy of Canopus corporation Magistracy Metals. Magistracy Metals produced a mechanically identical sister aircraft known as the MSF-42 Bluehawk.
Weapons and Equipment
The Protector is principally designed as fire support for ground forces. The aircraft is equipped with a pair of 10-tubed Long Range Missile racks mounted in each wing. It also has three Machine Guns mounted in the aircraft's nose. Two tons of ammunition have been alloted to the LRMs, while the machine guns make due with a half-ton of ammo.
The aircraft has three tons of fuel for its 250 rated Turbine Engine. The engine is considered swift, flying at the aircraft's maximum speed of 80 km/ph. The aircraft is protected by three tons of Standard Armor.
- MUL online date for Protector (Conventional Fighter)
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, pp. 200-201